Yes I check out the bum!

I love this article! Finally an article that explains why my assistants and myself are always looking at a laboring woman's bum! The purple line.
I try to give women privacy in labor, it helps with the flow of oxytocin and melatonin plus its more relaxing for her. The goal is to allow the natural process to occur, to allow the women to connect and be in the moment, to allow the bond between spouse to grow, and to allow the baby to do it's job with no interference, right? So why do we try to keep putting our hands in the path of exit? So WE can know how far along a laboring woman is? Seems a bit selfish to me which is why knowing and understanding other ways to observe the progress of labor is critical for an enjoyable, natural birth.
Enjoy the reading! http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2013/06/06/alternative-methods-of-checking-dilation-the-purple-line-and-more/


www.p3birth.com

Comments

Popular Posts