We have started this blog to keep our followers informed about new events in our community, up-to-date information regarding pregnancy and birth, and relevant articles and information that we come across. We serve much of South Florida, but with this blog we will be able to reach and inform so many more women. Please let other women know so they can receive the same knowledge! P3 Love!
And I don't think it's fair to place these reasons in the same category.
Having medical reasons that do not allow you to nourish your baby with your breast is one thing, and choosing formula because you were either not properly educated in the benefits so unable to make a true choice or just being indifferent to breastfeeding is a completely different thing.
Midwife101 is an Online Natural Child Birth Classes series taught by Licensed Midwife Gelena Hinkley LM, CPM Owner and operator of a busy homebirth practice www.p3birth.com launches a world-class, expertly produce online child birth education series to empower women around the world to have the most natural, peaceful and un-medicated birth possible. If your having a hospital birth, birth center birth or a home birth, watching these video classes from the comfort of your home allows you to repeat watch, watch the breathing and pushing techniques while in labor, take the breastfeeding course again after baby is born. Find us at www.midwife101.com
This online childbirth class series is taught by a Licensed Midwife, an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and a Registered/Licensed Dietician.
As a member you are able to access all the segments for 12 months, this way you can view each segment when needed. This way the breastfeeding portion or the newborn care (for example) can be viewed again when baby has arrived.
Take the time to ask the midwife questions, download any worksheets, and really enjoy the journey you and your baby are embarking on.
If your goal is a natural birth, and you want to know what to expect, please join our series! This is a childbirth education series so there are MANY topics covered, including: Anatomy and Physiology of mom and baby Stages of Labor Coping techniques Addressing fears Practice labor vs. true labor What to expect Nutrition Exercises Breastfeeding Newborn Care Please RSVP so I can have enough packets and gift bags for all!!
Cost: $75, (Medicaid and P3 clients are no charge)
My thought of the day: if someone said to me "hey come swim in the pool with me" I would say "cool, ok" but if they said "hey come swim in the pool with me, I'm going to be close by, just in case, with great resuscitation equipment, just in case, and great doctors..top of the line in fact to be there just in case" I would be like "oh why what's wrong with the pool? Is the water ok? Do I need to do something special? Do I know how to swim? Well what if I don't do it right? Ya know what, never-mind I don't want to swim". The seed of fear of childbirth is planted far too early, and it takes a whole lot of preparation, trust, and support to break through that you can go ahead and jump in that pool, it'll be great! www.p3birth.com
Achieve birth fulfillment--awake and alert--in a totally relaxed state of mind and body. HypnoBirthing® Classes are taught in a format of five, 2 1/2-hour classes. If you are very near to your birthing time, I can make special arrangements for individual classes with you.
-What You Will Learn
Unit 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy • The History of Women and Birthing • Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing • How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth • How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts • The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing. • Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques • Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques • Breathing techniques for labor and birthing • Hypnotic relaxation and visualization • Selecting the right care provider • The Birth companion’s role in birthing • Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets • Preparing the Body for Birthing • Light Touch Labor Massage • Your body working for and with you • Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor • Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4: An overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
• Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase • Birth explained simply • Settling in at the hospital or birthing center • Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth • As labor moves along – passing time through labor • Hallmarks of labor • If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities • As labor advances – birthing with your baby • Protecting the natural birthing experience • Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5: Birth – Breathing Love - Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing • Positions for descent and birthing • Breathing baby down to birth • Baby moves to the breast • Family bonding with your baby
What's included -Your own copy of the 302-page HypnoBirthing® Book HypnoBirthing®-- The Mongan Method -5 information-packed class meetings -5 professionally written scripts for your home practice -2 CDs for your relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding (Including the program cornerstone disk, Rainbow Relaxation) Cost: $250 https://www.facebook.com/events/1499099343640365/