My passion for VBAC's

I'm not sure if it's because I am a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) or because I'm so addicted to
empowering women to trust their bodies and themselves, but this study is perfect. I do a lot of VBACs and run in to many OBs who are very anti-VBAC, it infuriates me. An OB should NOT transfer their fears of a possible "law suit, legal concerns with the hospital, personal opinions" on to a pregnant woman.

OBs are there to provide a service, and provide it safely. My job as a midwife is to provide you with exceptional care, safety and empower you. The idea of a VBAC not being safe is a fear tactic, although it holds risks so does flying a plane, driving your car, and the list goes on. It is the provider’s responsibility to educate women on how to minimize risks and a repeat cesarean in not how to minimize risk. After reading the article you will find C-sections hold more risks.

Now some want to attempt VBACs in a hospital and some at home. I support either one, but true to say the success rate is higher at home. Less intervention, fewer time frames, and most importantly to be in your own comfortable environment.

No matter the location the point is VBAC is a better option for mom and baby. Make sure you know the VBAC success rate of your provider, get the right support team and you can do it! Check out this great article:
http://www.peggyomara.com/2014/05/07/vbac-primer/

Www.p3birth.com

Comments

Popular Posts